We're doing our best to minimize the impact that ICANN's new transfer policy will have on our resellers. To prepare your account, and keep the transfer process as streamlined and efficient as possible, we recommend you complete the following:
1. Enable the Designated Agent feature
2. Ensure your branding is up to date
3. Customize the relevant messaging templates
4. Present the updated Registration Agreement to your customers
1. From the RCP, head to Domains > Settings
2. Scroll all the way down to Enable Designated Agent for All Existing Domains and select Edit
3. Complete the required steps and hit Confirm
You may choose to customize the Change of Registrant Confirmation Page your customers will be directed to. Here's how:
1. In the RCP, head to Account Settings > Branding
2. Scroll to Change of Registrant Confirmation Page and click Edit
3. Select an appropriate Custom Hostname and Link Colour
This option allows you to direct your customers to a more recognizable branded url. You can choose to leave the hostname as the default. For SRS customers, this would be approve.domainadmin.com/trade.
The Link Colour
You can choose a link colour from your branding palette to customize the appearance of the accept and do not accept options on the Change of Registrant Confirmation Page.
Click Preview to view the Change of Registrant Confirmation Page from an end-user's perspective, with the new link colour:
End-user Contact Settings
Resellers will also want to ensure that the appropriate website is updated in their end-user settings (see below) as it will appear in the top left corner of the confirmation page.
Three new message templates have been created for ICANN's new transfer policy:
1. Change of Registrant Confirmation from New Registrant
2. Change of Registrant Confirmation from Current Registrant
3. Notification for Completed Change of Registrant
All three templates are available in a variety of languages, which can be customized. For information on how to add an additional language templates and customize your messages, check out our full messaging guide.
New and existing customers must be presented with the updated Registration Agreement whenever they submit a domain-related request.