.IE is the official country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) for 32 counties in Ireland, and the preferred online address for businesses in Ireland.
- Registration requirements
- Nameserver requirements
- Expiry threshold
- Contact update
- Additional information
All applicants applying for an .IE domain name must have a connection to Ireland.
The name length requirements are two to 63 characters before the ccTLD. We do not support IDNs for this ccTLD.
First and last name
Business connections with the island of Ireland as a company must provide the CRO number.
Enter the business name and press Search.
Nameservers must be set up by the customer.
The registration grace period is 14 days and five hours. Modifications to renewal settings are accepted and will follow a gTLD life cycle.
- Domain contact updates will not be immediately updated in the registry as it could take several minutes or more to update it on the registry level.
- The reseller will get an immediate confirmation from Tucows, that the domain name has been successfully updated, but please be aware that the registry will delay the order completion for several minutes.
- Tucows does not support changes to the CRO number.
- Ownership changes are not supported.
- Owner contact name can be changed only if the company name is changed under the same original CRO number. The owner's contact name must match the new company name.
Transfers to OpenSRS require an auth code from the current registrar.
- CRO number field must be the same.
- Domain owner must be a company.
- CRO number must be the same as the existing one in the losing registrar. Tucows will validate the transfer order by querying whois to make sure the company name is not being changed.
- After transfer, both owner and admin contact must-have new contact handles.