Searching for domains
To search for specific domains in your portfolio
- Log in to then Control Panel, and click Domains.
- In the text field, enter all or part of the domain name for which you want to search, and then click Search.
You can use wildcard characters to represent part of the name.
- Click a domain name to view or edit the information associated with the domain.
You can filter which of your domains are displayed in the Control Panel, based on the values in one or more of the columns, for example, TLD, Status, and Settings.
To filter domain search results
- In the Domains section of the Control Panel, click Advanced Filtering to display the search criteria.
- Click the associated checkboxes to select or deselect the criteria that you want to include in your search. When a box contains a checkmark, any domains that meet that criteria will be displayed in the search results.
For gTLD, ccTLD, Verification Status, and Status, you can click All to select all the listed criteria or click None to deselect all the listed criteria. By default, all statuses are displayed except for Expired (Redemption) and all of the Archived statuses (Cancelled, Declined, Deleted, Transfer In Cancelled, and Transferred Away).
Important: If you deselect all statuses, no domains will be displayed.
Filtering by TLD
To restrict your search to particular TLDs, in the gTLD and ccTLD sections click the associated checkboxes to select or deselect the domain extensions that you want in the displayed list. When a box is checked, only the domains that match the search criteria for the selected TLDs are displayed in the search results.
Filtering by Verification Status
As part of a new ICANN process, all registrants are required to verify the contact information that they used to register generic top-level domains. To restrict your search to a particular verification status, click the associated checkboxes to select or deselect the statuses that you want in the displayed list.
- Unverified—The verification process has not been initiated.
- Pending—The verification process has been initiated, and the validation email will be sent.
- Verifying—The verification process has been initiated and is waiting for registrant response.
- Verified—The registrant has been verified.
- Suspended—The registrant has failed verification and the domain has been suspended.
- Manual Review—The registrant data has been submitted and is being validated manually by the Tucows Compliance team
Filtering by Status
To restrict your search to a particular status, click the associated checkboxes to select or deselect the statuses that you want in the displayed list. When a box is checked, only the domains that have the selected statuses are displayed in the search results.
- Active—Domain registration is complete.
- Draft—Domain registration was saved as draft but has not been submitted for processing.
Pending—An error occurred during processing that requires attention, for example, insufficient funds in Reseller account. Pending means that some action is required, such as an approval.
Domains that have been in a pending state for more than 30 days, with 30 days of inactivity, are automatically cancelled.
- Waiting—The registration is waiting for some external process to occur; usually applies to asynchronous registrations.
- Renewal Pending—The renewal is waiting for some external process to occur; usually applies to renewals through asynchronous registries.
- Renewal Waiting—The registration is waiting for some external process to occur; usually applies to renewals through asynchronous registries.
- Transfer In Requires Admin Action—The transfer in request is awaiting confirmation from the Admin contact.
- Transfer In Requires Owner Action—Domain transferred from another registrar to OpenSRS, waiting for transfer to be approved or declined by the Administrative contact.
- Transfer In Requires Registry Action—Domain transferred from another registrar to OpenSRS, waiting for transfer to be approved by the applicable TLD registry.
- Landrush Registration Pending—Domain registration submitted during landrush period is waiting for approval from Registry.
- Sunrise Registration Pending—Domain registration submitted during sunrise period is waiting for approval from Registry.
- In Expiration Grace Period—Domain name has expired, but is in Registry defined grace period; domain can be renewed by registrant during this period.
- Transferred Away Pending—Domain transfer from OpenSRS to another registrar is in process.
- Transfer Away Expired—The
- Expired (Redemption)—Domain name has expired and was not renewed during redemption period.
- Cancelled—Domain registration was cancelled.
- Declined—The registration, renewal or transfer was declined by the registry.
Filtering by date
To restrict your search according to the dates that domains were created or will expire, in the Created or Expires section, click the associated field, and use the From and To calendars to choose a date range. Alternatively, you can choose a time period from the Show Everything drop-down box.
Tip: You can double-click the year that is displayed in the pop-up calendar to display months, and you can then click to jump to a particular month. In addition, you can double-click the name of the month that is displayed at the top of the pop-up calendar to display years, and you can then click to jump to that year and then select a month.
Filtering by settings
To restrict your search to domains that have a particular setting enabled, in the Settings section, click the associated checkboxes under Storefront Managed, Contact Privacy, Domain Locked, Let Expire, Domain Parked, and Auto Renew. If you don't want to restrict your search based on a particular setting, select both On and Off (this is the default).
- Storefront Managed—Domain is managed through Storefront.
- Contact Privacy—Whois lookup does not display domain owner's identity (address, phone number, email address).
- Domain Locked—Domain is locked so that transfers and DNS modifications cannot be made until the domain is unlocked.
Let Expire—Domain expires at the end of the registration period.
Note: This setting is applied only if you set the domain to Expire with notifications.
- Domain Parked—Domain displays a customized page containing contextual ads that earn revenue for the registrant.
- Auto Renew—Domain automatically renews 30 days before the expiration date.