The bulk Edit DNS feature allows you to define and modify zone records for multiple domains in one request.
To use this feature, the DNS service must already be enabled for the specified domains.
To define the DNS zone records for multiple domains
- Click the boxes to put a checkmark next to each of the domains whose DNS zone records you want to edit.
- From the Bulk Actions drop-down list, choose Edit DNS.
- From the DNS Action drop-down list, choose the operation that you want to perform - Add Record, Modify Record, or Remove Record.
- From the Record Type drop-down list, choose the record type: A, AAAA, CNAME, MX, SRV, TXT, DFWD, or DFWDM.
The record fields that appear depend on which record type you choose.
- If you are modifying or removing records, click the checkbox next to the fields that you want to modify or remove, and then complete the associated fields; if you are adding a record, you must complete all of the associated fields.
For an explanation of each of the DNS zone records, see the table below.
- Optionally, in the Email results to field, enter the email address to which you want the change confirmation to be sent.
- Click Save DNS.
Important: There is no undo for this operation, so be very careful when selecting the domains to include in the bulk job. Once you submit the bulk job, it might be possible to cancel the job through the View Details page; however, if any domains have already been processed, you will have to either edit each of those domains or submit another bulk job for those domains, specifying the settings that you want. For more information, see "Suspending, cancelling, or resuming a bulk change request".