The bulk edit DNS feature allows you to define and modify zone records for multiple domains in one request.
Important: There is no undo for this operation. You will have to edit each of those domains or submit another bulk job for any corrections.
To use this feature, the DNS service must already be enabled for the specified domains.
Bulk DNS change steps
- Log in to the Reseller Control Panel.
- Go to the Domains page and select the checkbox next to each of the domains you want to edit.
- Choose edit DNS from the bulk actions drop-down list.
- Select the operation that you want to perform from the DNS action drop-down list.
- Select the record type from the record type drop-down list.
Note: The record fields that appear depend on which record type you choose.
- Enter the subdomain and record data if adding a record. If you are modifying or removing records, click the checkbox next to the fields that you want to modify or remove, then complete the associated fields.
- Optionally, enter the email address to which you want the change confirmation to be sent in the email results to field and click Save DNS.
DNS Record Types
|Maps the domain name to its IP address. You can specify an IP Address for each A record that you add to the template.
|Maps the domain name to the IPv6 address.
|Canonical Name. CNAME records can be used when you want a subdomain to point to another hostname. This allows you to create an alias for your domain.
|Mail Exchange - MX records determine how mail is delivered to your domain. Ensures that the email that is sent to you is routed to the correct destination.
|Text Record. It allows you to attach comments to a hostname, for example, SPF data to validate that email is being sent from the IP address of the domain's mail server.
|Redirects visitors to another website (that you own) when they type your domain name in the browser address field.
|DFWDM (Masked Forward)
|Redirects visitors to another website, but displays your domain name in the address field.