Once you have registered as an OpenSRS reseller, you are enabled to act as a reseller for all TLDs that we offer, Hosted Email services, SSL certificates, and Publishing services that are currently available through OpenSRS.
There are two ways for you to access the OpenSRS system: Quick start and Full access. While both methods fully utilize the OpenSRS system, they are accessed through different means. The best access method for your firm depends on several factors, including registration volumes, approach to customer support, and desired level of process automation.
Quick start access
Quick start is a web-based solution that allows you to quickly and easily enter orders manually through the Control panel. Because this is a manual process, you are wholly responsible for both collecting and distributing order information to your customers, a function that is fully automated with a full access implementation. With quick start implementations, however, there is no need for code development.
A quick start implementation is the faster, easier option, and can be used to get your business up and running until you have completed your client installation and configuration.
It is particularly well-suited for resellers who:
- Offer personal, high touch management of customers.
- Purchase in volumes of less than 150 per month.
- Manage products on behalf of customers.
- Order each domain or SSL certificate individually.
- Are willing to allow management through the OpenSRS supplied online interface.
Key features of Quick Start
- Complete administrative control of functionality.
- Easy technical implementation.
- Asynchronous transaction processing.
- Manual product provisioning interface.
- Public registration management interface.
- Products provisioned individually.
Quick start implementation
There are a few steps that you need to complete to run a domain registration business using the Quick start system.
Full access is a customizable solution for resellers who are willing to host their provisioning solution. It allows you to automate order processing and incorporate it directly into your web site through an Application Programming Interface (API).
Full access offers a technically advanced implementation that automates and streamlines the processing of product orders for you.
It is particularly well-suited to resellers who:
- Offer Internet services as either core business or gateway products.
- Purchase in volumes higher than 150 per month.
- Require automation of ordering and management of products.
- Prefer management done directly by end-users.
- Have customers requiring a more significant number of bulk orders; that is, individual customers may order 25 domain names at a time.
- Prefer to offer management through a custom interface hosted on their website.
Key features of Full access
- Streamlined administrative control.
- Technically advanced implementation.
- Real-time transaction processing.
- Automated product provisioning interface.
- Customizable registration management interface.
- Bulk product provisioning available.
Full Access implementation
To connect to OpenSRS systems over API, you need to generate an API key and whitelist the IP addresses of your server in our system. If you prefer to write your tools in the language of your choice, you should refer to the OpenSRS API Specification for XML guide, which covers this approach altogether.
Live and Test environments
To facilitate risk-free learning and testing of the OpenSRS system, OpenSRS maintains two environments, commonly known as the Live and the Test. The Test environment mirrors the Live environment in nearly every way. It is the ‘proving grounds’ where you can gain proficiency before entering the Live environment to register actual domain names.
Management Interfaces that we offer in the Live environment
- Reseller Control Panel (RCP)- Allows resellers to manage domains, email, trust, publishing, and other reseller account related settings.
- Classic Reseller Interface or Reseller Web Interface (RWI) - This is the original OpenSRS management interface. Most functionalities are now moved to the new control panel.
- Mail Administration Console (MAC A) (MAC B)- Administration console for OpenSRS email services.
- Storefront Manager - Administration console for OpenSRS Storefront users
- Manage Web Interface (MWI) - End-user domain management interface.
Management Interfaces that we offer in the Test environment
You can log in to the test system using the credentials that you chose when you registered as an OpenSRS Reseller.