The OpenSRS Hosted Email services are billed every month and debited from your reseller account balance at the end of each month.
- Pricing structure
- Calculating the total number of mailboxes in your account
- Viewing the amount charged for email services
- MAC .ADM users
- Mailbox quota
Standard mailbox costs $0.50/month, which includes 5 GB storage. Please do not set mailbox sizes other than the tiers listed. Emails up to 35 MB per email are supported.
Note: 1 GB = 1024 MB. For more detail, please visit our pricing page or our email agreement.
|Size in GB
|Size in MB
Calculating the total number of mailboxes in your account
The control panel allows resellers to estimate their bill by generating a CSV file with details of email users. The generated CSV provides many details, including each mailbox username and the respective quota limit.
- Log in to the Reseller Control Panel.
- Click on Email, and select Analytics. The users page of the analytics provides an overview of the number of all mailboxes, filters, and forwards on the account.
- For exact figures, select Daily/weekly/monthly, use the dropdown to download a snapshot of the accounts in CSV file format.
Viewing the amount charged for email services
The statements section of the reseller control panel allows resellers to access recent invoices and statements, including the monthly email invoice for the last 12 months.
- Login to the OpenSRS Reseller Control Panel.
- Click on Billing & payments.
- Select Statements and choose Email invoice.
- Use the dropdown menu to select a Statement period.
Note: The invoice includes a description of the services as well as price and quantity.
Resellers receive an email reminder of the email invoice amount every month. This message provides notice for the amount to be billed at the end of the month for email services.
Back to top
MAC .ADM users
Each reseller account has an email user account used to access the Mail Administration Console (MAC) to manage your hosted email service. These users are generated automatically for account administration. These accounts are not billed and cannot receive or send messages.
Mailbox quota size determines the amount of space available to store messages and files. Once a user hits their quota limit, they can send but not receive new messages. Messages to users at their quota result in a bounce to the sender.
The maximum user mailbox capacity cannot be greater than the current maximum capacity set for the email domain. The maximum capacity for the domain cannot be greater than the capacity set at the company level.
Note: Please get in touch with OpenSRS Support for mailboxes larger than 20 GB.
Setting quota in the RCP
- Sign in to the Reseller Control Panel.
- Click on Email.
- Navigate to the user you want to modify.
- Click Edit in the sending and receiving section.
- Modify the quota size to one of the permitted values in MB and click Save.
Setting quota in the MAC
1. log in to the MAC interface.
2. Navigate to the user.
3. Modify the quota (MB) to one of the permitted values under the sending and receiving section. Click Update at the bottom of the page.