Messages that have been deleted by the user can be restored by resellers. Messages that have been deleted within 14 days can be restored to the user's account.
Note: Email messages must have existed in the account long enough for a backup to have been completed. The backup is performed approximately every 6 hours.
Restoring deleted mail in the Control Panel
- Navigate to the user whose mail you want to restore in the Email section of the Control Panel.
- Click the user name.
- From the Actions, drop-down list, choose to Restore deleted messages.
- From the Choose folder drop-down list, select the folder that contains the mail to restore. A list of the messages that were deleted from the folder will display below.
- Select the checkbox beside each of the messages that you want to restore or click the checkbox at the top of the list to select all displayed entries.
- Click Restore.
Restoring deleted mail in the MAC
- Log in to the Mail Administration Console (MAC). In the navigation pane, under the domain name, click Users.
- Click the user name whose mail you want to restore.
- Click the Restore email tab.
- From the Folder drop-down list, choose the folder that contains the mail you want to restore, and then click Search.
Deleted folders appear at the bottom of the list, under a dividing line.
- Click the checkbox beside each of the messages that you want to restore.
- From the drop-down list, choose the folder that contains the mail you want to restore, and then click Restore selected. Alternatively, click Restore all to restore all of the messages in the selected folder.