If a user account has been deleted for 30 days or less, you can restore it. The user can be restored to its original name if that username has not been reused during the period in which the account was deleted. If the name has been reused, it can still be restored, but with a different username. Email accounts can be restored from either the Reseller Control Panel or the Mail Administration Console.
Restoring user accounts in the Control Panel
- In the Email section of the Reseller Control Panel, search for the email domain that has the deleted user accounts and click on the domain name.
- Click to put a check in the box beside each of the deleted users that you want to restore.
- Click on the Restore users icon.
- A window appears that lists the users that you selected and asks you to confirm that you want to restore all of the listed users.
- Click Restore.
Restoring user accounts in the MAC
- Log in to the Mail Administration Console (MAC).
- In the navigation pane, under the domain name, click on Deleted users.
- Click on the checkboxes next to the users that you want to restore. The number on the Restore selected button changes to reflect the number of users that you selected.
- Verify that the Restore as field displays the correct user name. If you want to restore the user and rename it, enter the new name in this text field.
- Click on Restore selected option.
Note: If a user does not appear in the Deleted Users list, it means the account cannot be restored from backup.