SiteLock offers three website security products, depending on the type of website on which it will be installed: Find, Fix, and Prevent.
- Find—Provides simple, affordable protection from hackers, blacklisting by search engines, and many other website hazards.
- Fix—Provides a comprehensive suite of protection and detection tools.
- Prevent—Offers the highest level of protection for customers who already use SSL, have a shopping cart, databases or are storing customer data on their site.
All SiteLock packages go through domain, telephone and address verification processes. However, only the domain validation is required to activate the product.
- Domain verification is done by having the customer submit an email address at the domain that is being secured. If the domain is within your reseller account, approval is typically automatic and completes a short time after the order is placed. This means that generally no further domain verification is required when ordering a SiteLock product.
- Telephone verification is done automatically by a system which calls out to the submitted phone number to ensure it's valid.
- Postal Address verification takes 7-10 days as the customer is mailed a document containing a code to use in the control panel.
- Manual Verification takes place outside the above checks where actual SiteLock representatives will review the submitted information.
- Malware Scanning checks for malware, viruses, SQL injections and cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
After you place an order for a SiteLock product, you will see two entries in the Status column for the same domain - one that says Order Completed and one that says Product - Active. When you view the Product - Active entry, you will see an option in the Actions drop-down lists called Manage Account. When you choose this options, you are logged in to the SiteLock website where you can verify the account information, view site statistics, and manage the account.
To enable the SiteLock product
1. In the Control Panel, click Trust.
2. Click a domain name to view the associated Trust Service.
3. From the Actions drop-down list, choose Manage Account.
You are automatically logged in to the SiteLock account where you can complete the order and make changes to the account.
4. Follow the steps to complete the order.
You can also use the Manage Account link to log in to SiteLock to manage the account and view alerts about issues that can affect the SiteLock seal.