The API key found in your reseller account is used for connecting to OpenSRS servers over API and using third-party tools. The API settings in the Reseller Control Panel allows you to generate an API key and to view and modify allowed IP addresses.
The API settings section displays the back-end “private key” that is used with the client code (scripts). This private key is used for authentication and for building a secure socket for client/server communications.
- Log in to the Reseller Control Panel.
- Click on the Account settings tab at the top right side.
- Click on API settings to view the API key for your reseller account.
- If you need to generate a new key, click on Generate new API key option under the API key section.
Note: Once a new API key is generated, the old key will stop working. You must be ready to make the change to avoid service interruption.
IP access rules
This section allows you to view and modify your IP addresses. There are two limits to using this functionality:
- You are only allowed a maximum of five rules. If you already have five and want to add another rule, you must remove one of the existing rules.
- You can only add IP addresses with ranges from 25 to 32.
Add a new IP rule
- In the IP access rules section, click Edit.
- In the IP address field, enter an IP address.
- From the CIDR prefix drop-down list, choose the IP address range.
- In the Type section, choose whether to allow or deny the specified IP address range.
- Click Add.