Registry: Amazon Registry Services
Registration details: No registration requirements
Registration details can be found in the TLD reference chart.
Transfer lock period: Domain names cannot be transferred for 60 days after registration. These domains will be locked, preventing transfer.
Domain names will auto-renew on the date of expiry. All grace periods and corresponding end dates will appear in the response to a <domain:info> command.
Note: State changes defined in the Uniform Rapid Suspension (URS) system are considered exceptions to the lifecycle.
|Add Grace Period||5 days|
|Renewal grace period||5 days|
|Auto-renew grace period||45 days after expiry|
|Transfer Grace period||5 days|
|Redemption grace period||30 days|
|Pending delete period||5 days|
When the transfer request is submitted, an email goes to the owner's email address specified on the transfer form. There is a two-day window to approve or reject the request. The registrant accepts the transfer request within two days. Once two days have passed without approval, the registry declines the transfer request.
Transfer requests take up to 5 days to complete, during which time the registrar of record may reject the transfer and prevent it from completing.
Nominet’s transfer implementation has the following properties:
- The gaining registrar sends the transfer request to the registry.
- The registry will respond with a success or failure.
- If successful, a poll event will be sent to the losing registrar.
- The transfer can be approved or rejected by the losing registrar.
- The gaining registrar can cancel the transfer request if not already approved or rejected by the losing registrar.
- The transfer will be automatically approved by Nominet after five days if not already approved, rejected, or canceled.
- Poll events will be sent to registrars if an action is performed by another party i.e. Nominet or any other registrar.
- Domains cannot be transferred during the redemption grace period.
Transfer lock period
Domain names cannot be transferred for 60 days after registration. These domains will be locked, preventing transfer.