Shortcut to this article: opensrs.help/email-setup
In this example, we will create a fully functional mailbox: [email protected].
Create a mailbox account
- Sign into the Reseller Control Panel
- Click on Email
- Click on the blue + icon under Email Domains
6. In the next screen, enter the first part of the email address, "sales" and type in a password that you want to use for [email protected] Then click on Add.
The email account is now created.
Configure the MX record to link to our mail server
If the domain's DNS service is managed through OpenSRS, please follow the instruction below. If not, please consult with the DNS/name server provider in order to change the MX record.
1. Click on Domains on the upper left.
2. Enter the domain name in the search box and press Search.
3. In the search result, click on the domain name.
6. Enter mx.martindls.com.cust.hostedemail.com under Hostname and click Save DNS Settings. Please replace martindls.com with the domain name that you are setting up. If your email service is on cluster B, please use the MX setting for cluster B.
The domain is now linked to the email service. Please wait 15 minutes after modifying the MX record for the record to propagate.
Sign into webmail
Sign into the customer's webmail account by using the email address as the username and the password that you set above. The sign in will depend on the email cluster of your reseller account. See Which email cluster am I on?.
Configure an email client
If the customer wishes to access email via an email client, please have the customer connect with IMAP and SMTP. The mail servers are:
mail.hostedemail.com (or mail.emailhome.com)
mail.b.hostedemail.com (or mail.mailconfig.net)
IMAP: 993 (SSL enabled) or 143 (SSL disabled)
SMTP: 465 (SSL enabled); 25, 587(TLS), or 8025 (SSL disabled)
POP3 access is not recommended but here are the ports:
POP3: 995 (SSL enabled) or 110 (SSL disabled)
The username will be the email address, e.g. [email protected]
The number of mailboxes in the account is tabulated at the beginning of the month and the cost is deducted from the credit in the account at the end of the month. Therefore, if you are experimenting with mailboxes and delete them right after creating them, you will not be charged.
Email accounts that end in .adm are administrative accounts and do not incur a charge.
Please note that, to prevent email accounts from being created for spamming, newly created email accounts will have limits on outgoing emails per day. The send limit will increase over a two weeks period to 500 emails per rolling 24 hour period.