Branding is the process of changing the look and feel of the Webmail interface to visually represent your company. Branding may include adding proprietary logos, changing type face, adding company colors, and inserting ads or dynamic content.
There are three distinct phases in managing a brand:
1. Creating the brand.
2. Designing or customizing the brand.
3. Assigning the brand.
When you create a new brand, it is always based on the default brand. Once you create the brand, you can display and customize it to achieve your desired look.
Brands can be assigned company-wide and also per specific domain. The process is very similar, so be sure you are in the correct spot in order to assign the brand to the correct item.
Creating a new brand in the Control Panel
To create a new brand
1. In the Email section of the Control Panel, on your company page, click the Brands tab.
2. Click the Add icon at the top of the page.
3. On the Add a Webmail Brand popup, enter a name for your brand, and then click Add.
The brand name is added to the list of available themes.
4. On the Brands page, click the brand name.
The Editing brand window appears.
Each item within the page allows customization of the brand. Click Help within the editor for each section for details.
Setting the default brand for a company
To assign a brand to a company:
1. In the Email section of the Control Panel, on your company page, click the Settings tab.
2. In the Domain and User Inheritance section, click Edit.
3. Below the Brand heading, click to put a checkmark in the box beside Override inherited value.
4. From the drop-down box, choose the brand that you want to apply to this company.
5. Click Save.
The company brand will apply to all domains and users under the company; however, you can override the company’s default brand setting for particular domains or user.
Assigning a brand to a domain
To assign a brand to a domain:
1. In the Email section of the Control Panel, click the Email Domains tab and then click the domain to which you want to assign a brand.
2. Click the Settings tab.
3. In the User Inheritance section, click Edit.
4. Below the Brand heading, click to put a checkmark in the box beside Override inherited value.
This allows you to assign a brand other than the company brand.
5. From the drop-down box, choose the brand that you want to apply to this domain.
6. Click Save.
Modifying Brand Settings
There are a variety of settings in webmail that can be configured in the brand settings page.
|Basic Settings||Help URL, brand lock, logout URL, etc.|
|Default for New Users||Default Full-Pane Mode|
|Component Settings||Enable or disable webmail components like calendar, contacts, and file storage.|
|Files||Upload image files for the header and footer|
|Colours||Modify various colours used in the webmail interface.|
|Custom Login Page||Set a custom login page which will display at mail.yourdomain.com|
|Header||Configure a custom header image|
|Footer||Configure a custom footer image|
|Sidebar Ad||Set an advertisement for your company.|