Registration details can be found in the TLD reference chart.
There are no residency requirements to register a .IS domain.
.IS delegation requirements are as follows:
- At least two different nameservers must be specified (and the hosts must not resolve to the same IP address).
- Nameservers must allow connection to UDP port 53, and to TCP port 53 as well (see RFC5966)
- SOA records must be correctly formatted:
- Master nameserver correctly named in the MNAME field.
- Working mailbox of responsible party in RNAME field.
- Times (refresh, retry and expire) according to RFC1912
- All the authoritative nameservers must serve consistent data on the domain, e.g. must serve the same SOA record and the same set of NS records.
- TTL for NS records not lower than 24 hours.
- The nameservers must be registered with ISNIC.
- Correct NS records. Properly registered in the appropriate zones, both forward and reverse. I.e. the nameserver's name must be included in the PTR record set for the nameserver's IP address(es).
You can perform an ISNIC DNS test to ensure your nameservers are setup properly.
Please note: The OpenSRS SystemDNS nameservers are not supported on .IS domains due to the .IS TTL requirements.
.IS domain transfers are processed manually by our support team. After submitting a domain transfer in the reseller control panel, please contact our support team with the current NIC-ID and password for the domain. This information may be obtained from the current registrar of the domain.
.IS domain transfers do not add an additional year to the registration of the domain.
For more information on transfers, see "Transferring domains and changing domain ownership"
Changes of ownership
Changing ownership of a .IS domain follows the process outlined in Transferring domains and changing domain ownership.