The policies listed on this page will take effect on 2016-09-05
.FI is the country code TLD for Finland, operated by FICORA.
Registration details can be found in the TLD reference chart.
Additional fields required for the registrant:
- For persons:
- Finnish: Personal ID number - will be validated by the registry
- Foreign: Date of birth - may be validated by the registry
- For organizations:
- Finnish: Finnish business registration number - will be validated by the registry
- Foreign: Business registration number - may be validated by the registry
DNS requirements: Nameservers must be setup prior to registration
Once an authcode has been set, it is valid for 30 days.
Transfers will not renew the domain.
Changes of ownership
Since September of 2016 changes of ownership require a trade key which is different than the transfer auth code.
To change ownership of a .fi domain follow these steps
- Submit the change of ownership request via API or control panel.
- Contact OpenSRS to request the trade key. The trade key can only be sent to the current domain owner contact by the registry.
- Acquire the trade key from the domain contact and contact OpenSRS with the trade key.
- OpenSRS will process the change of ownership and update you once completed.