Registration details can be found in the TLD reference chart.
The entire .APP namespace has been added to the HSTS Preload list. As such, all second-level
domains under .app will only load on modern browsers if a valid SSL certificate has been configured and the web server is serving HTTPS.
Registration Language Requirements
Resellers must present the following information to registrants during the checkout process prior to the registration of a domain:
● .app is a more secure domain because it is HSTS preloaded.
● The requirement to configure HTTPS serving so that browsers can load .app websites; and
● Resources about configuring HTTPS and obtaining an SSL certificate
○ Information may be linked as part of an external or internal website or window, and
○ Resellers may provide their own information about configuring HTTPS browsing or link to third party resources such as those provided by Let’s Encrypt.
We have provided the following sample language which meets all of the requirements noted above:
.app is a more secure domain, meaning that HTTPS is required for all .app websites. You can buy
your .app domain name now, but in order for it to work properly in browsers you must first
configure HTTPS serving. For more information about configuring HTTPS, including resources to
obtain an SSL certificate, please visit [link to reseller page on SSL, or Let’s Encrypt].
[Follow by reseller option to add certificate to cart.]