OpenSRS provides the list of TLDs transferrable into OpenSRS in column L of our TLD reference chart.
- Transfer requirements
- Transfer process
- Transfer status
- Resend transfer approval email
These transfer rules apply to generic TLDs:
- The domain name is unlocked.
- The authorization (EPP) code is available when required.
- The domain name does not have any hold status at the registrar or registry.
- The domain has resided at the previous provider for more than 60 days since it was first registered or transferred.
Initiate transfer requests from the Reseller Control Panel (RCP), Reseller Web Interface (RWI), or API.
Transfer request submitted from the RCP
- Log in to the Reseller Control Panel.
- Click the + (plus) icon from the Domains tab.
- Search for the domain name by entering the domain in the search field and clicking Search.
- Click on Transfer? option. This option appears when the domain is transferrable.
- Type in the registrant username and password for your end-user to be able to manage the domain via the Manage Web Interface (MWI). Optionally, use the Associate with existing user button to insert the domain into an existing profile and complete the order form.
- Select the domain settings like auto-renew, contact privacy, lock domain, etc.
- Fill in any owner, admin, billing, and technical contacts.
- Select the nameservers for the domain.
- Optionally, select a DNS template to apply a pre-configured DNS template or choose a custom messaging language for the domain.
- Submit the order.
The transfer order waits for owner approval once the transfer request is submitted.
Transfer request submitted from RWI
You can submit the authorization code in the transfer order when submitting from RWI. The new interface doesn't provide an option to submit the authorization code with the transfer request.
- Login to the RWI.
- Enter the domain name in the transfer a domain text field, and click Transfer from the order management section.
- Create a new registrant profile by filling out the domain information section on the transfer form.
Note: Linking a domain to an existing profile after the transfer is complete using the RCP.
- When done entering details, click Submit.
The transfer order advances to waiting for registry approval status.
The transfer status is in the RCP under the status column for the domain. The RWI provides more details on transfer orders.
Waiting for owner approval
Once the transfer request is submitted, an email goes to the registrant's email address. The owner provides the authorization code for the domain through the link in the message. When the domain owner fails to respond within five days, the transfer request times out, and the order declines.
Resend transfer approval email
The reseller can resend the approval email when the owner does not receive it.
- Log in to the classic reseller interface.
- Select Waiting owner approval under the view transfers section.
- Select the Resend email option corresponding to the domain name. Click Submit.
Waiting for registry approval
If the authorization code submitted is valid, the transfer will be sent to the registry for processing. There is no further action required from the registrant or reseller at this stage. The losing registrar may send an email to the domain owner to approve or reject the transfer request. The transfer will automatically be processed within five days if the owner does not reject it.
Once the registry has processed the transfer request, the transfer order is complete, and the domain is active.
The transfer request will show declined status if the transfer request is rejected by the owner, reseller, or losing registrar or if the transfer request has timed out.