Draft mode occurs when the last action on your domain renewal order fails. One of the primary reasons for this issue is if the reseller account has an insufficient fund available in the reseller account.
If the order fails due to insufficient balance when you perform a domain renewal, the reason will be shown in domain notes.
You can attempt to renew your domain again after adding funds to your account.
- Adding funds
- Deleting the draft order and attempting renewal again
To try renewal again on the domain that is stuck on a draft mode, you will have to ensure to add funds to your reseller account first. Each TLD has a different renewal price based on your current tier. Enough fund needs to be added that is required to perform the domain renewal.
Check the funds needed to renew a specific TLD
- Log in to the Reseller Control Panel.
- Click on Domains and choose the Pricing tab.
- Search for the TLD and note the amount needed for your renewal.
Deleting the draft order and trying the renewal again
Once the required funds are added, you have to delete the draft order first before you attempt to do the renewal again.
- Go to the Domain’s page in your Reseller Control Panel.
- Search for the domain.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this domain’s page.
- Click on the Delete draft box in the bottom left corner of the page.
Note: You will receive an internal server error when you click on the domain. Please ignore this error.
- Scroll to the top and click on the Domains tab again.
- Search and select the domain.
- Select Renew beside the domain.
- Choose the Renewal period from the drop-down, and then click on the Renew button at the bottom right to complete the renewal.
- Once your renewal is complete, scroll down to Domain History to confirm the renewal went through successfully.